Friday, July 6, 2012

San Francisco to Halifax: 4,355 miles / 7,008 km


Halifax to San Francisco: 5,502 miles / 8,854 km


Total distance traveled: 9,857 miles / 15,863 km



Two wheels, five-and-a-half weeks, almost 10,000 miles, 2 countries, 16 states, 7 Canadian provinces, and every type of weather imaginable. One of the best things I've ever done in my life, looking back.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged or supported me. I lost three friends in 2010, and in a way those losses and this trip changed my life in a lot of important ways.

Life is to be lived. Shared with those you love. Know those who love you, and take care of them. Don't waste your time on revenge but learn your lessons. This taught me a lot about self-reliance. If you can depend on yourself, then others can depend on you.

And you only live once. You are only young once. Make it count.

Oh...and try and have a bit of fun along the way too!

-- Macker

No comments:

Post a Comment