Sunday, July 25, 2010

San Francisco, CA to South Lake Tahoe, CA








Wow. Well, all the preparation, all the work (for my business), and the lack of sleep last night, along with the early morning Saturday, has me tired tonight in South lake Tahoe.

Finally got out of San Francisco after a few false starts and delays. It was becoming a bit of a joke among my friends as to would I ever actually leave.

I said my last goodbye to the Bay at the Carquinez Strait, where my friend Bret's ashes were scattered recently. R.I.P. Bret. I had once planned on doing such a trip on a very small motorcycle years ago, to which Bret would reply that it was "not practical, Bryan!" Anyway, you'll be in my thoughts, Bret.

It took until Sacramento for the weather to finally warm up. I joined U.S. Highway 50 at West Sacramento, and duly pulled over for an 'emergency" by the side of the road. I just happened to snap a picture of the sign Ocean City, MD 3073 (miles). I plan on driving to the other end of this wee road.

After that, I headed up into the mountains. A full moon was rising in front of me, as the sun was setting in the west behind me. Next ocean I shall see will be the Atlantic.

The pictures above seem to be in reverse order. I'm still getting used to this blogspot tool. The two night shots are of South Lake Tahoe from Echo Summit, and the sky behind me with the full moon in the clouds.

Looking forward to some quick grub now, then a decent night's SLEEP!

Onwards...!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bryan.... Brad and I will check in on your blog. We have wanted to do our own cross country trip... maybe next year... in the mean time we will experience it through yours. Safe travels !

    JW and BJS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewan says in the "Long Way Down" that he had taken a thousand picture on the road and his bikes were in most, too which the crowd of mostly BMW riders in the packed movie theater roared in self laughter at themselves, as to say me too! I want to see those pictures of the GS as well!
    I

    ReplyDelete